The Kitschies reward the year’s most progressive, intelligent and entertaining fiction that contain elements of the speculative or fantastic.We are proudly sponsored by Blackwell’s.
The 2017 Shortlists are here!
The Red Tentacle (Novel)
- Black Wave by Michelle Tea (& Other Stories)
- The Rift by Nina Allan (Titan)
- We See Everything by William Sutcliffe (Bloomsbury)
- Fever by Deon Meyer, translated by L. Seegers (Hodder)
- City of Circles, by Jess Richards (Hodder)
The Golden Tentacle (Debut)
- How Saints Die by Carmen Marcus (Harville Secker)
- Hunger Makes the Wolf, by Alex “Acks” Wells (Angry Robot)
- Age of Assassins by RJ Barker (Orbit)
- The Black Tides of Heaven by JY Yang (Tor.com)
- Mandlebrot the Magnificent, by Liz Ziemska (Tor.com)
The Inky Tentacle (Cover Art)
- The Land of Neverendings by Kate Saunders, illustrated by David Dean (Faber and Faber)
- Black Wave by Michelle Tea, illustrated by Rose Stafford at Print Club, design by Hannah Naughton (& Other Stories)
- The History of Bees by Maja Lunde, design by Jack Smyth and the S&S Art Department (Scribner)
- The Real-Town Murders by Adam Roberts, jacket design and illustration by Black Sheep (Gollancz)
- Our Memory like Dust by Gavin Chait, design by Richard Shailer (Transworld)
The Kitschies reward the year’s most progressive, intelligent and entertaining works that contain elements of the speculative or fantastic. Now in our seventh year, we are proudly sponsored by Blackwell’s, who have made this page full of tentacles, judges, books, and love.